We give a monthly presentation “Introduction to Voice-Over” at one of Chicago’s premier talent agencies. Contact us if you would like to attend.
“INTRODUCTION TO VOICE-OVER” covers the following topics:
Notice: The following curriculum is Copyright 2008 by A&R Productions, LLC. No part may be reproduced without written consent.
New Opportunities in Voice-Over
with Keith Uchima, producer A&R Recording House, LLC
Voice-Over: An Overlooked Source of Income?
Getting to know you…
Who can do Voice-Overs?
- “I don’t really have an announcer’s voice.”
- “My English is less than perfect.”
- I am ethnic with an accent- can I do voice-over?”
- “I have been told on more than one occasion that I have a great voice!”
How do I get started in Voice-Over?
- Be “optimistically realistic.”
- Consult with a trusted industry professional.
- If the consensus is good, then you need a demo CD/reel.
What exactly is a demo CD/reel?
Questions and Thoughts:
- Why do I need a demo if the agents know me?
- Thoughts on Chicago’s industry workshops/classes/seminars etc.
- How do I know which producer/photographer/teacher/coach etc. is right for me?
- So what’s involved with making a demo?
What does a good producer do?
- Teaching the basics: Microphone technique, etc
- Finding strengths, spotting weaknesses
- Maximizing flexibility of voice and character
- Finding customized scripts for the individual
- Pushing the actors performance to a higher level beyond the basics
- Helping the actor find their most effective character building process
- Meticulous post production
- Common sense marketing advice
Production Time and Cost
- How long does it take?
- How much should it cost?
- Can I do it myself to save money?
*Free Consultation available for pre-screened or industry referred talent only.
Additional One-on-One workshop programs cover:
- Simulated auditioning- On mic
- Simulated studio sessions- On mic
- Analyzing the script for a better read
- Making the stronger acting choice
- Subtle differences in voice-over, film and stage techniques
- Finding motivation regardless of the validity of the product
- Better auditioning through understanding the process
- Optimizing your on-mic performance by clarifying your thought process
- Exercises to become more flexible when taking direction
- Increasing your access to your emotional range
Putting it all together!